Tomorrow the 2015 Great Endeavour Rally starts at Redcliffe, Queensland, Australia and will end in Rockhampton on the 25th July.
- 17th Redcliffe for scrutineering, welcome function and stage one, at the home of the first European settlement in Queensland…and where the Bee Gees grew up and first performed.
- 18th Redcliffe to Bell at the foot of the Bunya Mountains.
- 19th Bell to Augathella, home of the big meat ant sculpture and the tree used by the notorious Kenniff brothers to tether their horses.
- 20th Augathella to Clermont, which was established by a gold discovery and has a piano in a tree as a reminder of the fatal flood of 1916.
- 21st Clermont to Airlie Beach for two nights at the closest port to access the Whitsunday Islands, and visit the outer Great Barrier Reef and stunning Whitehaven Beach.
- 22nd Airlie Beach lay-day with optional charter to Whitehaven Beach and a chance for an afternoon to rest and recover in beautiful Airlie Beach.
- 23rd Airlie Beach to Middlemount, nicknamed ‘the giant peanut’ by locals due to its road layout.
- 24th Middlemount to Stanage Bay for boating, fishing, wildlife, empty beaches and beautiful bays.
- 25th Stanage Bay to Rockhampton for the finish and awards night presentation dinner. (Ref)